For the first time in your life, are you planning to visit Paris? Are you wondering what to do or where to start in Paris? If you are seeking answers to these questions, then you are at the right place. When I first visited Paris, I had done quite a bit of online research about Paris and also, I had asked questions to several Paris experts. What I found at that time was planning for a first time visit to a destination is always difficult and that pushed me to write this article. So, let’s move forward to know the important tips of visiting Paris for the first time.
A Little Overview of Paris
Paris is a city of romance that is rich in history, culture, fashion, and art. The whole city is decorated with wonderful landmarks that will catch your attention at the first sight. Additionally, it is divided into two parts by a river called ‘The Seine River’ and also, it is separated into 20 arrondissments (Consider them as little towns). There is a metro system that covers the entire city and it will provide metro passes for convenient traveling to almost all places.
Now, let’s have a look at the top tips or advices for first time visit to Paris.
1) Plan your trip: Before going to Paris, you should make a thorough planning of what to do, where to stay, what to see, what to eat, etc. Plus, you should check your passport and visa for ensuring a safe travel. All these things will help you to have a tremendous first time visit to Paris.
2) Make a hotel reservation in advance: Most of the rookie travelers make a common mistake as they avoid advance hotel reservation. Making a hotel reservation in advance will bring you a sense of tranquility as you will no longer worry about your accommodation. So, don’t forget to book the hotel in advance.
3) Keep a photocopy of all the important documents: It is essential that you carry photocopies of all the important documents with you because only then you can roam around the city freely. So, take photocopies of passport, visa, driving license, hotels name, and address, etc.
4) Choose the transportation system: After arriving at the Paris airport, if you look around for the transportation system, then you can expect a lot of hassle. So, it will be convenient if you choose the transportation system early. You can book a taxi or cab. Also, there is public transportation such as bus, metro or train.
5) Pick the metro from the train station: Compared to taxis or cabs, the metro system is more efficient and cheaper alternative. Besides, they cover almost all the arrondissments of the city. So, avoid taxis or cabs and ride on the metro.
6) Purchase a carnet of 10-tickets while traveling by Metro: If you are considering traveling for a long time, then you can buy a carnet of 10-tickets. This is a package which includes 10 tickets in one pack. It will save a lot of money and you will not be required to buy a ticket incessantly. Nevertheless, consider taking a pocket metro map because it will guide you through to the city.
7) Get the Paris Museum Pass: Paris holds the most accomplished museums in the whole Europe. If you miss one of them, then you will miss a large chunk out of the pie. So, purchasing a ‘Paris Museum Pass’ will save some serious money and it will enable you to go on museum spree.
8) Avoid Scams at the renowned attractions: In the city of light (Paris), you will observe some of the best attractions in the world. Surprisingly, you will also face several scams around these attractions as well. So, it is better to avoid to these scams. Here is a list of scams, which must be avoided:
- Ring scam
- String trick scam
- Sign my petition
- ATM scams
9) Walk around the city: Walking around the city of Paris will bring you the very best out of your trip. You will be able to see the attractive sights and iconic landmarks from a close range. Most of the pro travelers usually avoid underground travel system. So, if you want to experience the magic, then just walk and stroll around the city.
10) Observe the Eiffel Tower by making advance reservations: You are in Paris and will not see the Eiffel Tower. Will it be a sensible decision? I guess not. So, make advance reservations for avoiding a long line of queues and go to the top of the world by climbing the Eiffel Tower.
11) See the city from the Montparnasse Tower: After seeing the Eiffel Tower, it is mandatory for you to see the city from the Montparnasse Tower. You will get to experience the city from a different angle as the view from this tower is exceptional with lots of colored skies.
12) Get acquainted with different French Eateries: The French eateries have diversified options. So, if you understand them perfectly, then it will help you enormously. The different French eateries are listed below:
- Salon de The
Book the restaurants in advance: If you book the restaurants early, then it will save a lot of time for you. Also, the tension of finding of a value-added restaurant will be eliminated. So, do a small research on finding a suitable restaurant and then, just book it advance.
Know the time difference: Knowing the exact time differences will help you to create an excellent schedule. So, here is a list of varied time difference among different regions:
- Paris is six hours later North American Eastern time (noon Eastern Time = 6pm Paris time)
- Seven hours later than Central Time (noon Central Time = 7pm Paris time)
- Eight hours later than Mountain Time (noon Mountain Time = 8pm Paris time)
- Nine hours later than Pacific Coast time (noon Pacific Coast Time = 9pm Paris time)
- Paris is one hour later than London (noon Greenwich Mean Time = 1pm Paris time)
To conclude the tips, I would like you to enjoy your time to the fullest. There are so many things to see and explore. You can make the most of Paris if you follow all these tips. So, be prepared to take on the city of light under your wings and get pleasure from visiting Paris for the first time. Finally special thanks to t2transfer.com who are a specialist in providing taxi from Paris airport to Eiffel tower for providing information’s for this article.