- 10 of the best shopping apps to put some yay in your holidays: A post about 10 best holiday shopping apps by Cool Mom Tech.
- DIY Pineapple Bottle: A tutorial about how to design a bottle like pineapple by The Shopping Mama.
- How to Book a Taxi in Paris: A instructions post about how to book a taxi in Paris by T2 Transfer.
- Handmade gifts for the whole family: A guide about how to make handmade gifts for family by Teach Mama.
- Christmas Gift Ideas for Your Health Conscious Friends: This article describes the gift ideads for you health conscious friend by Brian Foggles.
- Dark Chocolate Salted Peanut Butter Cups: A tutorial post about how to make dark chocolate salted peanut butter cups by Go Grow Go.
- 4 Tips for Setting a Beautiful Table: A tips post about how setup a beautiful table by Huffington Post.
- 6 technologies to make your travels easier: A guide about best technologies which will make your travels easy by Mashable.
- Hand-Me-Down Princess By Carol Moncado: Hand Me Down book review by Jendi’s Journal.
Le Marais is situated on the Right Bank of the Seine and it extends across the third and fourth arrondissements of Paris. The place is home to some of the most iconic landmarks of Paris like the Picasso Museum or Place des Vosges. Le Marais boasts attractive and mouth-watering eateries and fine restaurants that are dotted around the area. So, let’s take a quick look at the best restaurants in Le Marais.
Le Dôme du Marais: The Le Dôme du Marais restaurant is a stunning restaurant with a marvelous winter garden and striking tropical plants along with twittering chaffinches. With that said, the restaurant is magnificent with the Eiffel glass dome that looks up at the Parisian skies. It allows the natural light to pour down on the splendid black velvet fittings. All in all, the restaurant will be a heavenly place for the couples to enjoy a romantic dinner with present-day French cuisine.
Address and Phone Number: Le Dôme du Marais, 53 rue des Francs-Bourgeois, Paris, France, +33 1 42 74 54 17.
Le Bouledogue: The name of this restaurant speaks for itself as the presence of two mannered bulldogs will instantly solve the mystery. Generally, the dog lovers come in numbers at the Le Bouledogue for not just dogs, but for delicious food. There is an assortment of classic fish steamed in seaweed as well as the house duck confit. Also, the marrowbone is offered with the famous Poilâne bread and you will see fresh and homemade chips are being served with every dish.
Address and Phone Number: Le Bouledogue, 20 rue Rambuteau, Paris, France, +33 1 40 27 90 90.
Robert et Louise: In 1958, Robert and Louise had inaugurated this restaurant. Now, their daughters are running this fantastic restaurant that looks like similar to a country inn. The decoration of the restaurant is amazing with the log fire blazing and copper pans along with the pewter pots are adorning the walls. As for the foods, this unique restaurant offers the succulent beef ribs and brochettes in a homely manner. Keep in mind that the restaurant is standing in an 18th-century building and it has kept its pastoral.
Address and Phone Number: Robert et Louise, 64 rue Vieille du Temple, Paris, France, +33 1 42 78 55 89.
Les Mauvais Garçons: Les Mauvais Garçons restaurant will provide you with a taste of Lyon cuisine. In order to reach this restaurant, you have to step away from the bustling traffic of the rue de Rivoli and jump on the side of the street where this restaurant is standing. The main chef of this restaurant will offer typical dishes like – quenelles de brochet (similar to a fish dumpling) in a nantua (creamy lobster) sauce or cervelle de canut, etc. In addition, the atmosphere of the restaurant is serene with subdued lighting. The walls within the place feature photos of famous icons of France like – Lino Ventura. All in all, Les Mauvais Garçons is a must-visit restaurant in Le Marais.
Address and Phone Number: Les Mauvais Garçons, 4 rue des Mauvais Garçons, Paris, France, +33 1 42 72 74 97.
Pamela Popo: Pamela Popo is an out-of-the-box restaurant that symbolizes a 1970s museum. There are lots of reasons for this claim since it is blessed with a vintage décor with, bookshelves full of memorabilia. Moreover, there is a collection of velveteen-covered chairs and a classic Peugeot 404 is parked outside the restaurant. The name of the restaurant was derived from a song by Serge Gainsbourg, which reveals the tale of a Soho strip-tease artist. All the stuff at the restaurant are very friendly and the menu consists of a wide range of conventional and intuitive cuisines along with delectable dishes.
Address and Phone Number: Pamela Popo, 15 rue François Miron, Paris, France, +33 1 42 74 14 65.
Finally, all the above restaurants are the best restaurants in Le Marais and all of them have preserved their status through quality services and delicious foods. So, don’t miss out any of the restaurants and enjoy the foods to the fullest!
Travelling to beaches has a wide variety of opinion since many people want white sandy beaches and blue waters. For some people, perfect beach trip indicates to a family-friendly environment with cool weather. Also, others may want off-beat settings for their ideal beach trip. In reality, there is no such beach where everything would be perfect or suited to different set of people.
However, to keep you happy, I have listed some of the best beaches that reside in a different part of the world. Plus, all of them have some common factors such as ambiance, accessibility, affordability. So, let’s roll on and explore what these beaches have to offer!
Little Dix Bay, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands: Little Dix Bay in Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands is a one-of-a-kind beach where the sands are white and it comes with a crescent shape to epitome the barefoot elegance of this wonderful beach. The white sands consist of half a mile palm trees with several world-class resorts and hotels can be found all along the beach. The environment in this beach is quite romantic and the nightlife would be a sure-fire way to blast your mind out.
Bora Bora, Tahiti: Bora Bora is a magical island, which is made of French Polynesia in the South Pacific. This island is only 18 miles long and it is filled with lush green slips with a protected lagoon edged through the white sandy shores. Among these shores, the best is the Matira Point. People call this island by a nickname – Romantic Island. Plus, the beaches here are isolated from the buzzing world and the hotels are quite intimate with a lovely and quite atmosphere.
Miami, Florida: Miami is one of the sexiest beaches in the world with an easy getaway from New York. This beach practically possesses everything with soft sand, a mild weather. Also, there are interesting people all over the beach and there is an opportunity of playing volleyball and other funny sports in the beach as well. Plus, you will feel amazed by the scenes and sights of this beach in the night time and it will be perfect if you sleep off the night before a private cabana.
Fraser Island, Australia: Fraser Island is on the edge of a sunny Queensland coast, which is 161 miles northeast of Brisbane. It is one of the largest sand islands in the world with some marvellous beaches. This island is a World Heritage Site, which has 640 square miles of pure natural paradise. Plus, this site has 1,000-year old rain forests and this is why this place is the dream of every ecologist. The lodgings around the beaches are quite comfy and the environment is always offering a calm influence to the visiting people. So, staying in one do the beaches in Fraser Island will definitely bring the best out of you.
Kauna’oa Bay, Hawaii: Kauna’oa Bay is a classic Hawaiian spot that is located on the Kohala Coast of the Aloha State’s Big Island. This beach is crescent-shaped with a length of 0.25 mile. It has a large number of white sand with palm trees and crystal-clear blue water. You can swim or you can just have a sunbath on the shore of the beach. Also, snorkelling or riding boogie boards are popular things to do in this beach. To add to these things, the nightlife would be just as thrilling since there is a possibility that you catch a glimpse of swimming mantra rays.
To conclude, here are the best beaches to travel in 2015 and I would strongly urge you to go to each of the beaches. You will be excited to see the scintillating surroundings of the beaches. So, take you what you want, but don’t forget to miss any of the attractions that all these beaches have to offer!
For the first time in your life, are you planning to visit Paris? Are you wondering what to do or where to start in Paris? If you are seeking answers to these questions, then you are at the right place. When I first visited Paris, I had done quite a bit of online research about Paris and also, I had asked questions to several Paris experts. What I found at that time was planning for a first time visit to a destination is always difficult and that pushed me to write this article. So, let’s move forward to know the important tips of visiting Paris for the first time.
A Little Overview of Paris
Paris is a city of romance that is rich in history, culture, fashion, and art. The whole city is decorated with wonderful landmarks that will catch your attention at the first sight. Additionally, it is divided into two parts by a river called ‘The Seine River’ and also, it is separated into 20 arrondissments (Consider them as little towns). There is a metro system that covers the entire city and it will provide metro passes for convenient traveling to almost all places.
Now, let’s have a look at the top tips or advices for first time visit to Paris.
1) Plan your trip: Before going to Paris, you should make a thorough planning of what to do, where to stay, what to see, what to eat, etc. Plus, you should check your passport and visa for ensuring a safe travel. All these things will help you to have a tremendous first time visit to Paris.
2) Make a hotel reservation in advance: Most of the rookie travelers make a common mistake as they avoid advance hotel reservation. Making a hotel reservation in advance will bring you a sense of tranquility as you will no longer worry about your accommodation. So, don’t forget to book the hotel in advance.
3) Keep a photocopy of all the important documents: It is essential that you carry photocopies of all the important documents with you because only then you can roam around the city freely. So, take photocopies of passport, visa, driving license, hotels name, and address, etc.
4) Choose the transportation system: After arriving at the Paris airport, if you look around for the transportation system, then you can expect a lot of hassle. So, it will be convenient if you choose the transportation system early. You can book a taxi or cab. Also, there is public transportation such as bus, metro or train.
5) Pick the metro from the train station: Compared to taxis or cabs, the metro system is more efficient and cheaper alternative. Besides, they cover almost all the arrondissments of the city. So, avoid taxis or cabs and ride on the metro.
6) Purchase a carnet of 10-tickets while traveling by Metro: If you are considering traveling for a long time, then you can buy a carnet of 10-tickets. This is a package which includes 10 tickets in one pack. It will save a lot of money and you will not be required to buy a ticket incessantly. Nevertheless, consider taking a pocket metro map because it will guide you through to the city.
7) Get the Paris Museum Pass: Paris holds the most accomplished museums in the whole Europe. If you miss one of them, then you will miss a large chunk out of the pie. So, purchasing a ‘Paris Museum Pass’ will save some serious money and it will enable you to go on museum spree.
8) Avoid Scams at the renowned attractions: In the city of light (Paris), you will observe some of the best attractions in the world. Surprisingly, you will also face several scams around these attractions as well. So, it is better to avoid to these scams. Here is a list of scams, which must be avoided:
- Ring scam
- String trick scam
- Sign my petition
- ATM scams
9) Walk around the city: Walking around the city of Paris will bring you the very best out of your trip. You will be able to see the attractive sights and iconic landmarks from a close range. Most of the pro travelers usually avoid underground travel system. So, if you want to experience the magic, then just walk and stroll around the city.
10) Observe the Eiffel Tower by making advance reservations: You are in Paris and will not see the Eiffel Tower. Will it be a sensible decision? I guess not. So, make advance reservations for avoiding a long line of queues and go to the top of the world by climbing the Eiffel Tower.
11) See the city from the Montparnasse Tower: After seeing the Eiffel Tower, it is mandatory for you to see the city from the Montparnasse Tower. You will get to experience the city from a different angle as the view from this tower is exceptional with lots of colored skies.
12) Get acquainted with different French Eateries: The French eateries have diversified options. So, if you understand them perfectly, then it will help you enormously. The different French eateries are listed below:
- Salon de The
Book the restaurants in advance: If you book the restaurants early, then it will save a lot of time for you. Also, the tension of finding of a value-added restaurant will be eliminated. So, do a small research on finding a suitable restaurant and then, just book it advance.
Know the time difference: Knowing the exact time differences will help you to create an excellent schedule. So, here is a list of varied time difference among different regions:
- Paris is six hours later North American Eastern time (noon Eastern Time = 6pm Paris time)
- Seven hours later than Central Time (noon Central Time = 7pm Paris time)
- Eight hours later than Mountain Time (noon Mountain Time = 8pm Paris time)
- Nine hours later than Pacific Coast time (noon Pacific Coast Time = 9pm Paris time)
- Paris is one hour later than London (noon Greenwich Mean Time = 1pm Paris time)
To conclude the tips, I would like you to enjoy your time to the fullest. There are so many things to see and explore. You can make the most of Paris if you follow all these tips. So, be prepared to take on the city of light under your wings and get pleasure from visiting Paris for the first time.
Guest post from Karunas of T2 Transfer.
France is a nation of cultural abundance and every year millions of tourists visit France. This country boasts many great cities as well as regions that are one-of-a-kind in whole Europe. With that being said, South East Region of France is very popular among the tourists as it offers loads of diverse cultural attractions to them. Additionally, tourists can do many things and there are lots of sightseeing opportunities as well. So, let’s have a look at the top attractions in South East France.
Before talking about the top attractions of South East region, we should take a note of the beautiful areas along with the marvelous cities that this region has to offer:
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
Top Tourist Attractions
Following are the top tourist attractions of South East region France:
1) Promenade des Anglais: Promenade des Anglais is a Seafront Boulevard in Nice and its construction was financed by the British Empire. Later, the palm-lined Promenade des Anglais became the model for beach all over the world and the richest people of Russia come to this wonderful beach in the winter time to spend a quality vacation. Moreover, the St. Nicholas’ Cathedra was founded in 1912 by the Czar’s family. This is still the major Russian Orthodox Church building outside Russia. Lastly, with a red dome, the Negresco in Nice’s Belle Epoque palaces is one of the best hotels in the world and you should not dare to miss it.
2) Basilique Notre-Dame de la Garde: This cathedral in Marseille is a tremendous creation in South East region of France and it’s an architectural gem as well. You will experience a great view of if you climb up to the zenith of this cathedral, which is 162m high. The top allurement of Basilique Notre-Dame de la Garde is the ex-voto plaques, which can be found in the cathedral. Everyone in Marseille loves this cathedral and so does the visiting tourists as well.
3) Calanque de Sormiou: This is another fascinating place of Marseille and the tourists are crazy about its scenic beauty. Calanque de Sormiou is a gorgeous rocky bay and near the beach along with the small harbor are a few seafood restaurants. These restaurants offer great sea foods and you will certainly be in love with them. Additionally, if want to be a part of the next dream bay, then you should go on the other side of Morgiou Bay where the Calanque de Morgiou is waiting for you.
4) Le Château: Le Château is a park that has a panoramic view of history. This park is one of the best scenic beauties of South East France and you will see a magnificent view of the city of Nice from this hillside sensation. To get to this hillside, you have to walk on foot or you can take the ride of lift from Rue des Ponchettes. After arriving at the park, you will observe an awe-inspiring waterfall as well as enthralling medieval ruins. Plus, the historic cemeteries and the children’s playground will remain in your mind for a long time. So, don’t miss a bit of Le Château or you will regret the rest of your life.
5) Le Vieux Cannes du Suque: Le Vieux Cannes du Suque is the historic center of the city of Cannes and it resides at the foot of Mont Chevalier. This Mont Chevalier comprises of less than ten roads, which start from the Rue St-Antoine and ends up to the castle. This place is home to the archaeological collection of the monks of the Iles de Lerins and people from all over the world come to Le Vieux Cannes du Suque to watch these valuable archaeological collections.
6) Musée Picasso: This museum was a palace of the Grimaldi and it was one of the many studios of Pablo Picasso. In the year of 1946, the great Pablo Picasso gave 200 paintings, lithographs, drawings and ceramics to the museum as a donation. The hall of the museum is devoted to the work Alexander Calder, Fernand Léger, Amadeo Modigliani, and Max Ernst or Hans Hartung. All of these works from the very best artists make the museum as a world beater art address in the Côte d’Azur. So, don’t spoil the chance to see Musée Picasso a great revelation of South East France.
Here are your top tourist attractions in South East France. You should make a list of these attractions and visit them one by one. Remember that if you overlook any of them, then you have made a big mistake. So, pack your bags and fly to the South East region of France to enjoy a classic vacation.