France is a nation of cultural abundance and every year millions of tourists visit France. This country boasts many great cities as well as regions that are one-of-a-kind in whole Europe. With that being said, South East Region of France is very popular among the tourists as it offers loads of diverse cultural attractions to them. Additionally, tourists can do many things and there are lots of sightseeing opportunities as well. So, let’s have a look at the top attractions in South East France.
Before talking about the top attractions of South East region, we should take a note of the beautiful areas along with the marvelous cities that this region has to offer:
- Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
Top Tourist Attractions
Following are the top tourist attractions of South East region France:
1) Promenade des Anglais: Promenade des Anglais is a Seafront Boulevard in Nice and its construction was financed by the British Empire. Later, the palm-lined Promenade des Anglais became the model for beach all over the world and the richest people of Russia come to this wonderful beach in the winter time to spend a quality vacation. Moreover, the St. Nicholas’ Cathedra was founded in 1912 by the Czar’s family. This is still the major Russian Orthodox Church building outside Russia. Lastly, with a red dome, the Negresco in Nice’s Belle Epoque palaces is one of the best hotels in the world and you should not dare to miss it.
2) Basilique Notre-Dame de la Garde: This cathedral in Marseille is a tremendous creation in South East region of France and it’s an architectural gem as well. You will experience a great view of if you climb up to the zenith of this cathedral, which is 162m high. The top allurement of Basilique Notre-Dame de la Garde is the ex-voto plaques, which can be found in the cathedral. Everyone in Marseille loves this cathedral and so does the visiting tourists as well.
3) Calanque de Sormiou: This is another fascinating place of Marseille and the tourists are crazy about its scenic beauty. Calanque de Sormiou is a gorgeous rocky bay and near the beach along with the small harbor are a few seafood restaurants. These restaurants offer great sea foods and you will certainly be in love with them. Additionally, if want to be a part of the next dream bay, then you should go on the other side of Morgiou Bay where the Calanque de Morgiou is waiting for you.
4) Le Château: Le Château is a park that has a panoramic view of history. This park is one of the best scenic beauties of South East France and you will see a magnificent view of the city of Nice from this hillside sensation. To get to this hillside, you have to walk on foot or you can take the ride of lift from Rue des Ponchettes. After arriving at the park, you will observe an awe-inspiring waterfall as well as enthralling medieval ruins. Plus, the historic cemeteries and the children’s playground will remain in your mind for a long time. So, don’t miss a bit of Le Château or you will regret the rest of your life.
5) Le Vieux Cannes du Suque: Le Vieux Cannes du Suque is the historic center of the city of Cannes and it resides at the foot of Mont Chevalier. This Mont Chevalier comprises of less than ten roads, which start from the Rue St-Antoine and ends up to the castle. This place is home to the archaeological collection of the monks of the Iles de Lerins and people from all over the world come to Le Vieux Cannes du Suque to watch these valuable archaeological collections.
6) Musée Picasso: This museum was a palace of the Grimaldi and it was one of the many studios of Pablo Picasso. In the year of 1946, the great Pablo Picasso gave 200 paintings, lithographs, drawings and ceramics to the museum as a donation. The hall of the museum is devoted to the work Alexander Calder, Fernand Léger, Amadeo Modigliani, and Max Ernst or Hans Hartung. All of these works from the very best artists make the museum as a world beater art address in the Côte d’Azur. So, don’t spoil the chance to see Musée Picasso a great revelation of South East France.
Here are your top tourist attractions in South East France. You should make a list of these attractions and visit them one by one. Remember that if you overlook any of them, then you have made a big mistake. So, pack your bags and fly to the South East region of France to enjoy a classic vacation. Finally special thanks to parisairportpickup.com a private Paris airport transfers company for providing information’s for this article.